Thursday, February 5, 2015

My house is clean when I'm on Prednisone!

If there is anything that Prednisone can help you do, it's get stuff done! If you are lucky enough to be up and moving around you will notice that that Prednisone can make you really, really hyper! Honestly, it also makes me a little OCD about things as well and that can be a little annoying to everyone around me.

The one thing that I've noticed Prednisone has helped me with is cleaning my house... and getting it spotless! Many people have found that they have an abundance of energy on Prednisone. This is mostly due to the additional hormones in your system and the effect those hormones have to boost your body. The only down side is that sometimes Prednisone can make you feel really spazzy so working on things that require deep thought and meticulous concentration are not easy to do on Prednisone. But when it comes to doing something like housework, which does not require a ton of concentration - really just keeps you moving and moving and moving which is a great activity to do while on Prednisone!

Keeping your hands busy also can distract you from the other side effects of Prednisone. I found that when I am running around burning energy on cleaning I'm not as worried about that nagging hunger or the fact that my face is getting puffy. It's something you can do and feel productive doing which is finally a positive effect of Prednisone:)

2 comments:

  1. Just found you on Facebook and your blog. I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa! Thank you so much for joining us here and for your feed back:) Every one of us makes a difference:)

      Delete